Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do you have the power to Imagine?

How wild can your imagination get? I am sure this statement would have a different interpretation for every individual.. and that’s just what I want to elaborate.. our imagination can soar to a totally different tangent just by a thought or a mere mention of an unquestioned question.Thus, its potential remains unexplored most of the times.. and that is where we thwart our creativity.. who says only a few people have the power to give ideas or create magic.. I believe each of us has a thought process and perspective which if directed towards the correct destination.. will surely weave magic.. so lets all give it a shot!
This evening was quite interesting, with a series of events lined up for me.. it all started with an anti mosquitoes fumigation drive.. now.. that’s indeed a reason to be out of office before time.. A company named.. ‘All Out’ conducted this ritual in order to kill all possible traces of mosquitoes from our office.. Now that’s where imagination comes in! All Out… were they really referring to mosquitoes when they named the product? Maybe not!
Well, the so called eventful evening progressed to stage two.. My friends brother, who is a popular pop artist had his paintings lined up for an exhibition .. So I thought I might as well go and have a look and take a sneak peak into people’s psyche… This demonstrates my level of interference and concern for people J.. Well.. the exhibition was ‘creative’.. if I had to sum it up in a word.. but that is when I realized the potential of creativity and how differently each of us think… Each painting had a story to tell.. and as I looked at them intently and tried to interpret the varied depictions in the delicately blended strokes my eyes rested upon the label.. ‘ A work of art.. by mausimi Chatterjee.. Rs 1,00,000’ and that was something which struck me.. does every idea.. every artist and every piece of art come with a price tag? Who defined the worth of imagination? And who gave people the right to transfer ownership of an invention? Was it the sheer will to get some fame ? or the necessity of an artist.. or just a way of making a living.. maybe one of these.. but then.. none of these colour pallets.. or the canvas knew .. how expensive they had become with a dash of imagination thrown on them.. it was indeed mesmerizing to see.. hues of orange, black and green mix together like they originated from the same womb of an innocent mother.. it rather gave me a sense of recognition.. of belonging to a race which had the ability to create such delight.. I think..we all deserve a chance.. to let our imagination go wild.. so that we can also discover the artist within us.. and maybe that would make us a more complete individual.. who has the power to make another individual think.. or maybe just smile at the beauty of our creation.

No comments: